VMWare-NSX Lead Openings in Bangalore at Mindtree
Role description :
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy and Architecture :
• Undertakes analytical activities and delivers analysis outputs, in accordance with customer needs and conforming to agreed standards.
• Maintains knowledge of VMWare, NSX, Windows Server and Linux, provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialised tasks.
Development and implementation:
• Assists in the configuration of software and equipment and the systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products. Documents faults, implements resolutions and retests to agreed standards.
• Designs computing and communications equipment, taking account of target environment, performance, security and sustainability requirements. Designs tests to measure performance of production output against specification and inform iterative development.
• Undertakes routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software. Takes action to ensure targets are met within established safety and quality procedures, including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Conducts tests of hardware and/or software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Corrects malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required. Documents details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated. Develops installation procedures and standards, and schedules installation work. Provides specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure best use is made of available assets, and to maintain or improve the installation service.
Delivery and Operation :
• Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks. Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability. Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels. Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures for the infrastructure team. Conducts testing of recovery procedures and executes recovery of systems as needed.
• Engages with project management as needed to confirm that systems meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard. Feeds into change management processes.
• Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log and correct information related to CIs, ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorised change, diversion and inappropriate use.
• Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures.
• Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken. May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
• Reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Tailors system software to maximize hardware functionality. Installs and tests new versions of system software. Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software. Advises on the correct and effective use of system software.
Other duties :
• Performs other duties as assigned by management
• Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• Technical Certificates to a specific technical domain, for example AWS, Azure, Networking & Storage.
VMWare - NSX
• More than 8 years IT Experience • More than 4 years’ experience with VMWare • More than 4 years’ experience with Windows Server • More than 3 years’ experience with NSX. • Recent experience within the Design and implementation of complex, highly available and highly scalable solutions. • Cloud Computing on Azure and AWS • Storage • Information Security • Cisco Networking
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications :
• Architecture Certification: TOGAF, ARCHIMATE, ZACHMAN, etc. • Two or more of the following certifications are required o MCSE: Windows Servers o MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure o VCAP6.5 Datacenter virtualization Deployment o VCIX6-DCV o AWS DevOps engineer professional
Soft Skills Required :
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities • Excellent communication and presentation skills
If you think your profile fits the requirements please mail the same at firstname.lastname@example.org for getting referred.
Note : - Gold Members will get priority in the referral opportunities, personal pitching of their profile by our team, ATS Resume Makeover, Cover Letter, ATS Score Check and a certified course for free.